The mission of the Department of Civil Engineering at Epoka University is to prepare our graduates to become professional engineers and leaders in the civil engineering profession by providing our students with a solid education. Additionally, the department provides opportunities for enhancement of the students’ educational experience through meaningful interactions with the profession. We will:
- educate the next generation of engineering leaders to formulate and solve complex problems of importance to society, to collaborate as productive team members, to engage in life-long learning, and to act professionally and ethically;
- extend engineering knowledge across the breadth of the discipline and beyond through creative, innovative research ranging from the fundamental to the applied;
- facilitate the understanding and use of new ideas, technologies, and practices for the betterment of society through service and leadership in local, state, national, and international communities.
In summary, we expect our graduates to be fully prepared for life-long learning experiences that will strengthen their abilities to successfully and effectively solve the complex civil engineering problems facing society.
A Department of Civil Engineering recognized worldwide for excellence in engineering education, creation of knowledge, and leadership in professional and public service.
With the aim of meeting our mission statement, the civil engineering faculty must ensure that our educational programs accomplish several objectives. First, our faculty must prepare the students to:
- address the current and future civil engineering needs of the people of the state of Albania,
- recognize the important geopolitical and public policy needs,
- and solve technical problems.
In addition, the faculty must provide a curriculum that integrates scientific and technical knowledge together with an appreciation for social, economic, and political concerns. The curriculum must:
- build leadership skills,
- address issues of professionalism and ethical responsibility, and
- recognize the need to engage in life long learning.
Finally, the Department of Civil Engineering at Epoka University must promote the highest academic excellence, quality, and competitiveness for both our undergraduate and graduate programs that will provide local, state, national, and international leadership to a profession that must solve the civil engineering problems facing an increasingly complex society.