The program objectives of Civil Engineering Department are:
1. To equip our students with solid technical knowledge in the field of Civil Engineering by:
- broadening the horizon of the students in the field of specialty, increasing their ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering,
- increasing the ability of students to identify, formulate and solve problems in a systematic way,
- increasing awareness of students about cost, time and quality issues in construction.
- increasing their ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data,
- increasing their ability to design and conduct experiments,
- increasing the ability of students to carry out scientific research.
2. To reinforce their contemporary knowledge which will be necessary in their professional career:
- providing the students with knowledge on contemporary issues in the field of specialty,
- enhancing awareness of students about the impact of engineering projects in a global and societal context (social, economic, legal and/or environmental implications),
- increasing awareness of students about health and safety issues in construction works.
- increasing their ability to use advanced communication tools such as web-based applications, software etc.
3. To provide the students with the essential tools of professional preparation by:
- informing students about engineering ethics and professional responsibility
- increasing their decision-making skills, encouraging students to participate in interdisciplinary work,
- increasing the ability of students to implement their theoretical knowledge, enhancing their design skills,
- increasing awareness of students about importance of timely completion of goals,
- helping them to develop social and leadership skills,
- increasing the ability to communicate effectively by; enhancing their sketching/drawing and report writing skills, increasing oral presentation skills.